OMFG finally! What's new? Why 15B?
I promised it - here it is. A bugfix version of Apophysis 7X V15. It's supposed to fix some bugs and improve the Chaotica integration. It's actually not a full new version of Apophysis. V16 is the fancy one with the new, dark interface. This one is to improve the quality of the current version. Thus 15B. Here is the full list of changes:
- Fixed DPI glitches in "Export UPR", "Gradient Browser" and "Message Log" windows.
- Fixed a bug which made it impossible to render in slices due to "Out of Memory" errors.
- Fixed a bug which caused wrong thumbnails after deleting a flame from the list to the left in the main window.
- Updated Chaotica integration. Only versions since V0.45 of Chaotica are supported now. Directory structure is significant.
- Added optional editor background preview. It is off by default. When on, the mini preview in the editor is replaced by the flame drawn on the background.
- All buffer depths except 32 bit integer have been removed. A proper 64 bit-renderer shall be re-introduced in V16 where the only number type will be float.
- Fixed a bug which caused improper listing of used variations from the final transform in the "Summarize flame" feature and the variation enumeration for Chaotica.
- Added a link to Tara Roys' Apophysis manual in the help menu.
Notes on the new Chaotica integration features
I'd like to say a few things about the Chaotica integration. Version V15B supports Chaotica 0.45 or higher. In difference to older versions of Apophysis 7X, you now set the Chaotica folder in the settings - not the executable file. This will lead to problems if you had Chaotica integrated before and the setting is still pointing to the executable file.
PLEASE DO THE FOLLOWING IF YOU INTEGRATED CHAOTICA INTO APOPHYSIS 7X PRIOR THIS NEW VERSION USING THE SETTINGS WINDOW OR USING ANOTHER VERSION OF CHAOTICA THAN 0.45 OR HIGHER:
- Go to Tools/Settings
- Click the environment tab
- Remove all text from the Chaotica path setting ("Chaotica 0.45+")
Please make sure you are selecting the top folder of Chaotica - NOT "32bit" or "64bit" in the dialog when you integrate Chaotica 0.45+ into Apophysis.
The file "chk64.exe" is a part of the Chaotica integration. It checks whether your operating system is 32 bit or 64 bit. Apophysis itself can't do that because it always runs in 32 bit mode. CHK64 is a .NET 2.0-executable compiled for "Any CPU". So it runs in 64 bit mode for 64 bit operating systems and in 32 bit mode for 32 bit operating systems. That's how it works. If this file is missing, you will get an error message when you checked "Use 64 bit-version if possible" in the settings and rendering a flame which does not use any DLL plugins.
The last statement brings me to the explaination how Apophysis selects between 32 bit- and 64 bit Chaotica. The 64 bit-version of Chaotica is used when all of the following conditions are met:
- No DLL plugins are used in the flame you want to render
- You are running a 64 bit-version of Microsoft Windows (XP, Vista or 7)
- You checked the box "Use 64-bit version if possible" in the settings window
Note that the 64 bit-version of Chaotica runs significantly faster.
If you need visual assistance on integrating Chaotica into Apophysis 7X, check out this video I made:
DPI glitches / problems with large fonts
I tried to remove all DPI glitches (problems where the user interface is not displaying correctly when the user sets a large font size in his display settings) but they are really hard to track. If there are still some, let me know.
The memory bug
People kept telling me that they were unable to render in slices (with "Memory Limit") - I fixed that. You can now use the memory limiting feature again without seeing the "Not enough memory"-error.
The editor background
Months back, I added a second preview mode to the editor. Instead of a small one on the top right, there is now a preview behind the triangles in the editor. It measures correctly to the positions of the triangle. Some users prefer this view where others prefer the mini-preview. The default is the mini-preview. To change that, go to Tools/Settings, the Editor-tab and check "Enable editor preview".
The editor preview requires a lot of CPU-power. So Apophysis performs generally worse when this is activated. Make sure your computer is strong enough.
That's it. Now download!
The download of the new version is here! Enjoy!
As always, I'd like to ask you to consider a donation to support this project Thank you!