I was peeking it a bit before and of course, I'll give you the plugin I was talking about
This here is the third version of falloff going under the name falloff3.
In this package, you will find the variations falloff3, post_falloff3 and pre_falloff3. Each of them has a different purpose allthough many of you might know the difference between "regular" variation plugins and those prefixed with "pre" or "post".
For those who don't know this difference or don't know how to install a variation plugin, I've included an introduction in form of a PDF file. This introduction also explains the workings of falloff3. It is a complex plugin so please, if you have difficulties, refer to the introduction first. I'm happy to answer your questions but I don't want to tell the same thing over and over again
The flame in the preview image is also included in the package.
The new things in falloff3 compared to falloff2 are the following:
+ Added logarithmic blur type
- Removed linear blur type
* Relayouted blur types: 0=gaussian, 1=radial, 2=logarithmic
+ Introduced alpha parameter to give detail control over radial and logarithmic blur (doesn't do anything for gaussian blur)
* Renamed x0,y0,z0 to center_x, center_y, center_z
* Renamed scatter to blur_strength
* Renamed min_dist to min_distance
* Renamed invert to invert_distance
* Renamed type to blur_type
+ Added shape parameter to select the border shape: 0=circle, 1=square
* Fixed a bug which would cause a division by zero in radial blur under certain circumstances
* Refactored and improved performance
Mac and Linux users working with WINE - be advised: please use the "legacy" version of each of the three variation plugins. The other two (x86, x64) require the Visual C++ Redistributable (2012) and AFAIK it can't be easily installed on WINE runtimes. The "legacy" version is only available for 32 bit Apophysis.
Users of Windows have to install the Visual C++ Redistributable. Depending on whether you are using Apophysis 7X15D 32- or 64-bit (or any higher version), please download and install either:
- Microsoft Visual C++ 2012 Redistributable (32 bit): www.microsoft.com/en-us/downlo…
Click „Download“ and select „VCREDIST_x86.exe“
- Microsoft Visual C++ 2012 Redistributable (64 bit): www.microsoft.com/en-us/downlo…
Click „Download“ and select „VCREDIST_x64.exe“